2009-12-16

letter to nick banker

December 16, 2009

Nick Banker
General Manager
Chapman Chrysler Jeep
930 Auto Show Drive
Henderson, NV 89014


Dear Mr. Banker,

RE: EXCESSIVE REPAIRS SUGGESTED FOR VIN XXX

On May 28th of this year I took my PT Cruiser to Chapman Chrysler to have a service done using a coupon I had printed from the chrysler.com Web site. For the bargain price of $22 I would get an oil change, an air filter and an inspection.

The oil change and air filter went without a hitch, which was great. Unfortunately this was more than offset by my shock when I learned the inspection had found three items “failed” (transmission fluid, power steering fluid and the fuel line) and that two others were “cautioned” (brake fluid and tire balance) on my car. The suggested maintenances totaled more than $800...This on a car less than a year and a half old and with only 33,000 miles on the odometer.

Aside from your dealership’s inspections, there has never been a hint that this might be the case with my car. In the 12 oil changes and inspections I have had at eight other dealerships, before, in-between, and after those you performed, none have shown any problems with my car.

As you will see in the enclosed letter, I am contacting the Chrysler Group CEO in an effort to rectify the quandary your dealership’s inspections have put me in...It’s extremely important to me that my lifetime powertrain warranty and Lifetime Maximum Care service contract remain valid.

I do not expect any action (including a response) on your part. I just wanted to make you aware of the situation firsthand so you could see the interactions I’m having concerning this matter. Please be aware that I reserve the right to post, even in edited format, any response you have to my ‘blog devoted to my Cruiser: http://www.continualcar.com/.


Sincerely,

b1


cc: Sergio Marchionne, CEO, Chrysler Group LLC

Sylvia Campbell, CEO, Southern Nevada Better Business Bureau

1 comment:

andrewj7 said...

That is just excellent

Jon