2011-12-16

74,765 mile service (& fourth service contract work?)

may well take the continual car to CO for xmas and wanted to get the oil changed beforehand.  but that's not all i'm needing...

my washers have quit working (or more precisely, i hear the motor, but nothing sprays to the windshield) and, a couple nights ago, a valet was bringing my car out and i noticed the belly pan flapping on the passenger side.

and as i was driving home from my last oil change, the check engine light came on.

after three days in the shop, i get my car back, but here's what's weird ... i pay $100 deductible and $138 on top.  but when i look at the receipts, i can't tell what the deductible is paying against and what it's not.  it looks as though i'm paying a deductible and for all service?  i talked to my service advisor for quite awhile about it, but it becomes ever-more-clear that he doesn't really know what's going on.

this isn't the first time i've been given receipts different than what i've paid, nor the second.  i'm not exactly sure what to do here because if i call back, they'll probably end up connecting me with the same service advisor and it's clear that either:

* he doesn't know what's going on and is snowing me.

=or=

* he can't explain it to me in a way i can understand.

the timing on this is a little bad because i was going to write a glowing letter to mr. marchionne about prestige ... this to be the ying to my chapman-is-fraudulent yang letter ...

... but i can't do that yet.

$238
$205 in SCR ($105 for rental car, $100 saved from service i've been told about, but hold no receipt for.)

No comments: