2009-12-16

letter to Timothy Geithner

December 16, 2009
Timothy Geithner
Secretary of the Treasury
United States Department of the Treasury
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20220

Dear Mr. Geithner,

RE: CONSUMER ANECDOTE CONCERNING CHRYSLER

Although it’s devilishly hard to determine explicitly, my understanding is the federal government now owns a large portion of the Chrysler Corporation and the Treasury is the department responsible for the oversight of this holding.

I’ve copied you on a grievance I currently have concerning the “lifetime” agreements I have in place with Chrysler (their powertrain warranty and the “Lifetime Maximum Care” service contract).

I am expecting no action on behalf of you or your department. No response is necessary. I merely wanted to make you aware of what was happening with your investment at the absolute most microscopic of levels. I know that as an investor I’m always curious about anything that happens relative to an investment of mine and it’s possible someone in your department might actually be charged with knowing this kind of stuff.

Use it as a datum for the larger picture, or ignore, as you see fit.


A happy new year to you,

b1

P.S. As I was looking for your street address, I saw the “free shipping” promotion you have on dollar coins and ordered four boxes. I love the dollar coins and I think it’s a great idea to help pump them into circulation. (And no, I’m not even getting a single frequent flyer mile for it).

Enclosures: 1

cc: Sergio Marchionne, CEO, Chrysler Group LLC

No comments: