2009-12-16

letter to Ann Tomlanovich

December 16, 2009


Ann Tomlanovich
President, DaimlerChrysler Service Contracts, Inc.
DaimlerChrysler Service Contracts, Inc.
P.O. Box 2700
Troy, Michigan 48007

Dear Ms. Tomlanovich,
RE: PHONE RESPONSES ON SERVICE CONTRACT QUESTIONS

As you will see in the enclosed letter to Mr. Marcionne, I’m concerned about the results and implication of a series of recent Chrysler inspections. I’m writing you for two reasons: one is to let you know that your business arm was mentioned in my letter; the other is I had an extremely frustrating call with your staff.

On or about June 2, 2009, I called your consumer hotline (800-521-9922) to ask this question: if I have a Chrysler inspection done on my PT Cruiser and a car component is seen as problematic, will I be liable (ie. not covered by the lifetime powertrain warranty and/or my wrap) if this particular component ultimately fails?
It was nearly impossible to get a direct answer to this question. In fact, after 20 minutes of probing, the answer I had was essentially, “probably.” It’s actually worse than no answer at all.

I’m not expecting an answer to this question from you (or actually a response of any kind) -- I’m leaving that in the hands of Mr. Marchionne -- but I am letting you know that the training this particular service representative had on this particular question was beyond wanting, it was simply weak.

At the very end of the day, a Service Contract is monetary icing on the cake for your company. You know it, I know it, and it’s the very reason that you have this particular job. As a consumer, what I really want on the other end of the phone is someone who can answer a question simply -- especially if the question has a yes or no answer.


Sincerely,

b1


Enclosures: 1
cc: cc: Sergio Marchionne, CEO, Chrysler Group LLC

No comments: